Sunday, April 29, 2012

Next Stop...Grand Forks, ND

In a few days I'll be packing up my suitcases and heading North and West to the city of Grand Forks, ND. This brings back memories....2004, my friend Karen from New Zealand came to stay with me for a week, where we were joined by another friend, Karen, from Toronto (originally from England) for a wild week of going to concerts, driving through 4 states...and being GIRLS!  

My drawing skills awarded us front row seats, and a back stage meet and greet session with....drum roll please.....Clay Aiken!..Now...before you laugh too hard...the boy was on fire! having just lost American Idol. This was his first solo tour, and we had a blast!  He puts on an amazing concert, and we "Claymates" were legendary.  It was nothing for us to travel across the country just to hear that voice, and giggle.  For a brief moment in time...we were all 16 again, and loving every second of the experience. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I digress....quilts..yes..that is why I'm here. We have less than 3 weeks to get everything together for quilt market in Kansas City, and panic has set in. Have I done enough? Will my new designs attract buyers? What are the trends? Can I find the convention center? Will I get stuck in an elevator again? Lock myself out of my car? 

These questions are weighing heavily on my mind at the moment. Without further procrastination, I must get back to work!

The Winning Poster!  Karen and I in Sioux Falls, SD

Karen (NZ) and Karen (Toronto)

Opening Night in Grand Forks