Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kentucky Bound!

My parents are locked and loaded, and headed off to Paducah for the American Quilter's Society Quilt Show! I was unable to complete my big quilt, Stars over Kentucky as I was chained to the quilting machine.  We made several new quilts and small projects, and there was just too much to accomplish in a short amount of time. 

We also just got new fabric from Jo Morton! Beautiful Toiles and the complete line of Elizabethtown. While the cat's are away, I plan to play with the new fabrics! I have more ideas than I can ever get done...but I'm going to try!

Here are a few new projects!  I have made a Mini Version of Hopscotch, which is absolutely adorable. Heading North is a paper pieced small quilt featuring a lovely border stripe, and flying geese. If you haven't paper pieced flying geese, I recommend it highly. It's truly addicting!

Marblehead is the name of a lovely French Braid Runner made from Ro Gregg's Marblehead fabric collection. 
My mother took the earth tone granite and marble fabrics, and made a gorgeous Fire Escape Quilt (Atkinson Designs)  Another easy quilt, was the Popsicle Quilt from Atkinson Designs. Terri does an amazing job with her patterns. It's no surprise they are always in the list of best selling patterns. 

My father cut kits for all of these quilts, and more! He's a great guy for cutting, while I quilt, and mom sews.  It's truly a team effort. 

Last week we had a surprise snow!  Here are the "kids" in their play area. Bruiser loves to stand guard at the fence, and he's such a ham! He will stand there and "pose" for me all afternoon!

Guarding the Castle

 



 Gracie, Sophie and Bruiser

 

Marblehead French Braid Runner

 


Starry Starry Night   21" x 21"


 

Mini Hopscotch 

made from the Falling Leaves scraps!

 

Starry Starry Stripes