Sunday, November 6, 2011

Falling Leaves

My tribute to Autumn. This is a new quilt pattern called "Falling Leaves".

The original pattern was designed for The Heart of the Lakes Quilt Shop Hop several years ago.

The pattern was called Autumn Splendor, and included a runner, and 5 quilt options.

I kept the basic design for this quilt, but changed the size to a smaller six inch block.

It was so much fun making these little leaf blocks. The leaves are all paper pieced. The scraps were used to make the alternating chain blocks.

I started with 24 Fat Quarters, and 1 1/2 yards of black Kona Cotton, and made both of the quilts shown below. I still have an abundance of scraps. I could have made the Leaf quilt much larger, but I wanted to get the quilt finished in time for the fall quilt shows in Des Moines (AQS) and Quilt Festival (Houston)

Falling Leaves
40" x 52"

Features assorted fabrics from Renee Nanneman for Need'l Love





To further use the scraps, I made a smaller version of the Hopscotch quilt I designed several years ago. The blocks for the little quilt finish at 3".  The quilt finishes at 26" x 28". I've made several versions of the Hopscotch quilt using 30's reproduction fabrics, retro fabrics from American Jane, and next....one in civil war fabrics.